The Hayseed Knight
The story of the great Knight of the Upperfield! The bravest! The most handsome! The… yeah no.
The Hayseed Knight is a plot driven fantasy comedy visual novel created by a single person (yo!) that follows the adventures of Ader, the one eyed deer, while he desperately tries to stay on track to fulfill his dream: becoming a knight!
But he's a peasant... and pretty damn poor at that! That's not going to stop him, is it? ...WELL, it kinda is. Dreams aren't edible after all.
On a meta sense, the player is The Narrator, a character hellbent on finding out what truly happened to Ader and his friends, who are little more than legendary characters at this point.
- Fully and lovingly voice acted!
- Gorgeous, animated sprites!
- Meet adorable, unique characters!
- A detailed encyclopedia for people who love worldbuilding!
- Completely safe for work. Yes really. PG 13. Please, stop asking. Please.
- COMPLETELY FREE. Like the wind.
This is still very much in development, so anything is subject to change in future versions! If you want to help me develop this game, there's a patreon and any contribution is really appreciated!
Keep up with development on twitter!
-Streams and Let's Plays are really appreciated! I'd love to watch yours and share it! -Please, do not redistribute.
Content Warnings: fantasy racism, fantasy homophobia, sexual abuse threat
Current Known Issues:
- Save files NOT compatible with 1.4! (damn you encyclopaedia)
- The encyclopaedia is STILL sorta ugly, but its functionality has been vastly improved since 1.4! At the cost of the save file compatibility as mentioned above.
- The CG gallery has somehow turned even buggier and I don't even know how. Use at your own risk???
- Audio levels may be a bit off occasionally.
- No battle system yet. I THINK IT'S FUNNIER LIKE THIS AT THIS POINT, RIGHT? R-RIGHT?